MBA – When should you apply? Now or later
A Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a Post Graduate Course in business administration. It can be pursued in any of the specializations of one’s career choices like finance, marketing, HR, operations, etc .One can apply for an MBA Course in any of the business schools across the countries like IIMS, FMS, IIFT, etc. The various categories of this course are as follows:-
- Full-time MBA
- Part-time MBA
- Executive MBA for working people in which classes are usually held in the nights or weekends
- Online or distance learning MBA
Procedure to apply for MBA
In order to apply to one of the Top institutes in India one has to clear any of the following national or state level entrance exams as per the eligibility requirement of each institute, namely
- CAT (Common Admission Test)
- MAT (Management Aptitude Test)
- CMAT (Common Management Admission Test), etc
On the basis, of the scores of these tests, a student is further shortlisted for other formal interactions with the college authorities as follows:-
- Counseling process to choose a college and a specialisation
- Group discussion
- Personal interview
Eligibility Criteria for applying
To apply for the entrance exams, the students need to fill the application forms for the same provided they meet the following eligibility criteria
- They must have a graduation degree from a recognized university or institute.
- They have completed graduation or are currently appearing for their final year exam in graduation.
- They have scored minimum of 50% marks in their graduation (for general categories) and 45% (for reserved categories).
When is the Right time to apply for MBA
The decision to apply for an MBA should be based on a person’s requirement and interest to pursue the same. There can be the following deciding factors to apply for MBA:-
- Apply when you have enough time and aptitude to prepare for the entrance exams, so that there are chances of clearing the same. As not clearing can be very demotivating. So, it’s better to wait, prepare thoroughly and apply and then get cleared and get a good rank than applying in a rush and haste.
- You should meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary documents required to apply and get admitted into an MBA college.
- You should be self aware and self assess your short term and long-term career goals. They should be achievable and match your interests and career ambitions. Accordingly decide MBA pictures in an immediate near future in your career or can wait for more number of years.
- Gain enough knowledge about the benefits of acquiring an MBA degree in your chosen career growth. You may need it after you have a job or before you have a job. In that case, think if you would have enough time to prepare for MBA along with the job or you are more free to do so before getting one.
- Whether you have enough funds to afford the fees of your preferred MBA institutes now or you can save and apply later.
Basically, when one is ready in terms of availability of time, finances, ability to prepare for the entrance exams, etc should thoughtfully apply. IBMR, a premier management located right in the heart of Gurgaon’s business district offers the best in class opportunities for a management degree. Visit us at http://www.ibmrbschool.com to know what does your future has in store for you.